In the previous articles of our blog, About Self-Improvement we often talked about self-improvement, self-development, changes in individual ideas in the field of communication. One of the best ways to improve yourself is the path of self-love. The concept of self-love is very capacious, having many manifestations. Many people confuse EuroDate.com self-love with selfishness and inflated self-esteem. And these are completely different states, distorted perceptions of oneself and self-love.
Self-love is the light of your soul reflected in the outside world. It is the feeling of light in oneself and seeing that light in others. “What you see in another person is what you become; God if you see God; dust, if you see dust in another . “
Self-love is the complete acceptance of oneself, one’s spiritual qualities, one’s virtues, acceptance of one’s appearance and individuality, one’s uniqueness in every gesture and every deed. This is self-care (care for the state of the body, soul and spirit) and self-development. Each person loves himself and takes care of himself in his own way, although harmonious relationships with himself are not always built.
The following states and reactions indicate internal imbalance and lack of true self-love:
- timidity and excessive shyness;
- frequent apologies with or without reason;
- orientation to the opinions of others and dependence Tubit on this opinion (what neighbors, colleagues, etc. will think of me);
- exaggerated importance of someone else’s opinion and its pressure on the individual;
- a habit of self-deprecation (in other words, a constant feeling of guilt, disbelief in yourself and your strengths, in your abilities and capabilities, constant criticism and condemnation of yourself);
- a fixed view of a sense of self-worth and a desire to prove it.
A properly developed feeling of self-love gives: About Self-Improvement
- taking responsibility for your life, About Self-Improvement for your choices, your decisions and actions. It gives strength and energy. Analysis of previous relationships and mistakes helps to gain useful communication experience and bring a stream of “fresh air” to new relationships, and also not to repeat situations that have already been experienced.
- Confidence in yourself, in your strengths, in your abilities, in your talents, in your exclusivity. Faith in your potential.
- Leveling feelings of resentment. When we are offended, plunging headlong into this state, we deny our power, block energy, do bad things to ourselves, and at the same time expect others to notice our offense, react with guilt and give us what we want. com review With a developed sense of self-love, the state of resentment does not occur, as a result of understanding the process. If you know yourself, your intentions and thoughts, are sure of their purity, then you simply do not take offensive words personally. These are not your problems, these are the difficulties of the person who said them. This is a mirror image of HIS inner state. Resentment at broken promises is based on a system of expectations. And expectations always lead to disappointment. Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote: “Without high hopes – more reliable for hopes . “
- As a result of the openness of the heart, the feeling of self-love gives a better understanding of the actions of other people, an understanding of the reasons driving them(the main reason is fear, although other feelings and emotions may lie on the surface, but, nevertheless, the deepest emotion is fear and lack of love). The result of this understanding is forgiveness. “The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is the property of the strong.” Mahatma Gandhi.
RELATED ARTICLE: A QUESTIONNAIRE ON AN INTERNATIONAL DATING SITE
- A state of emotional balance, inner peace and stability. Lack of aggression towards a partner. You can always stop communicating with a person who is behaving inappropriately. “When you are at one with yourself, you cannot even think about conflict.” Eckhart Tolle
- The feeling of self-pity goes away, the need to feel like a victim,and as a reaction, the desire to complain, to feel your helplessness, which you inspired yourself, disappears.
- Understanding oneself, one’s own merits and seeing the merits of others. Confidence that you deserve all the best and live among worthy people. “Become your own best friend, and then you will be able to be in the most select society.”Henry James.
- Desire to improve. “Love for yourself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”Oscar Wilde.
- The law of attraction comes into play, it is also called the law of resonance. On your way, you begin to attract people with whom you are on the same wavelength, with the same attitude towards the world and people, and circumstances that contribute to the realization of your goals.
Self-love involves openness and cordiality. About Self-Improvement If your heart is open, then love grows in parallel. It manifests itself in all facets of feelings and their manifestations: sympathy, acceptance, understanding, forgiveness – and gives peace of mind.